The Astronomical Society of the Toms River Area
ASTRA club message board

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

This message board is for A.S.T.R.A. Members and visiting Guests. Astronomical and Star Party messages are welcome. Those who post are responsible for their content. The board is monitored by the Webmaster, who has the discretion to remove any posts. The Webmaster is accountable to the club officers. Please follow responsible message board etiquette.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:28 pm 
President

ASTRA Members, The July 13th ASTRA meeting at Ocean County College has been changed to the following:

July ASTRA members only "general meeting/star party" Earthwatch/Drexel at the Lighthouse Encampment

“The Lighthouse Center” 7th Street & Navajo Dr. Waretown, NJ 08758

Use Rt. 9 to traffic light at Barnegat Beach Drive (just past the L&H store and across from Lighthouse Tavern). Turn left onto Barnegat Beach Drive. Travel around small circle and make the first right onto 7th St. Make the second left onto Navajo Drive. The camp entrance is straight ahead through the gate. Follow dirt road until you see buildings. Stay to the right and park in the field.

We are changing it to just a regular meeting "No presentation" and combining it with a star party for the Earthwatch/Dexel students. This is a "weather permitting" event so fallow the message boards for last minute cancelations.

This is an Outreach Event for ASTRA members only. We begin the night sharing dinner with the Drexel Grad students,turtles and Earthwatch participants. They teach us about turtles we teach them about the Universe.

If you are planning to attend the dinner at 6:00pm please let Ro Spedaliere Treasurer@astra-nj.org know ASAP!

Date: Friday, 7/13/2012

Time: 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Location: The Lighthouse Center, 7th Street & Navajo Dr, Waretown, NJ 08758

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:51 pm 

I will be there after dinner and I am hoping to bring my 10inch dobsonian that I recently purchased. I am very light on accessories/eyepieces though. I am trying to figure out what eyepieces are a must have for this scope. So if anybody has any suggestions or items for sale/loan that they think must be accompanied with this scope. Please bring them, any help will be appreciated.
Thanks